Sunday, October 5, 2014

Some New Finds

Hello everyone. Since my last post, I've been back to a busy school year. I'm teaching dance and phys ed to kindergarteners this year along with some Primary students. It's a totally exhausting day! I'm determined to get back into thrifting mode both for myself and the booth. Marty is A-OK. Thanks for the kind words.
 Here is a crusty old brass blowtorch I got at auction this past summer for $7.50 + tax. I couldn't believe that nobody else wanted it.
 I tried out Bar Keepers Friend Spray and Foam Cleaner and although the blowtorch is still marked up with age, I was able to get some of the rust and grime off it.
 Yesterday, I went to one of those Mom-to-Mom sales in Dundas. Last year, there was a couple selling vintage goods and I got some cool pieces from them at a very good price. This year they were back and for $12, I got this charming Ohio Art Co. tin watering can and the corn cob pipe below.
 I've never actually seen a corn cob pipe before. I only know it from the song "Frosty the Snowman." That's it for now. Have a swell week.

4 comments:

  1. I have heard that Bar Keepers friend is a great cleaner, I have never tried it. It did a fantastic job with your item, what else would it work well to clean? Haha...the corn cob pipe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used Cars, Used Laptops , Apartment for rent, Used mobile phone,business services ,coaching centers, Community issues, Matrimonial,Jobs ,Local events,Used household items for sale Used Motorcycle ,Used Desktops,list your business,
    ride share needed,Bride wanted,Jobs in New York
    Used Bikes , Used Digital Camera, apartment for share,Used Tablets , list in business pages, private coaching, Used Camcorder,used Scooter,,roommate wanted , Used iPhone,hobby classes,Used Commercial vehicle ,Used Lens,house for sale ,Used Samsung,yellow pages,
    Towing services,used Sony, Paying guest,wedding planners, Used Items for sale

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.