Saturday, June 8, 2013

Settling In & Rummage Sale

Hello again. It's been a very busy end to the school year, but I've still been getting out to rummage sales and antique stores. Here are a few gems from the past few weeks. More to come. 
 Heeeeeeeeer's MARTY! Marty is our new cat. We've had a year of cat heartache, which I don't even want to remember, but we discovered Marty on Kijiji Hamilton. His owner called him Pumpkin. She had found him on the street as a kitten, but she was moving to a place that wouldn't accept cats. He's just over a year old. Isn't he cute?
 Above Marty hangs a stained glass window that we found in a not-so-expensive antique store in Hamilton (Molly's Back Porch on Ottawa Street if you're interested). It fits the front window like a glove. 
 Duncan renamed Pumpkin "Marty" after Marty McFly in Back to the Future. He was a spitfire when we first got him, but he's settled down A LOT since we got him fixed. He'll be an indoor cat, but I'm glad he got the snip ship anyway. 
 One, two, three - ahhhhhh
 Here's a pretty piece of pottery I found at the local Anglican church rummage sale. It was $1.00
 Teak egg cups. Fifty cents or something super cheap like that. 
 I loved the '70s egg cozy. 
 I picked up two London Underground snack trays for $1.00. They're not current, so we'll call them vintage. 
Here's one of two kitchen food scales which my class has been using in our mass unit. School equipment for a lousy dollar. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the pink bowl, such a nice shape, and Marty is a lovely looking cat, he looks so well behaved in the pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a cat in the window! Marty is really a cutie pie! Love the egg cups, but my fav is that pink pottery bowl!! Great finds!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, my dear blogging pals. I've been receiving a lot of spam comments and I'm always worried I'll accidentally delete one from a friend.
    Cheers,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.