Monday, October 18, 2010

You Kids Nowadays!

Welcome to my newest followers. You are more fabulous than you know - yes you are!

Anyway, here's the kind of technology I grew up with. We didn't have those fancy i-Pods. We took our Merlins and trudged through the snow while arctic wolves chewed on our little legs. "Back off wolves. I've got a Merlin!"


Here's Merlin's proletariat cousin - owl calculator. I love the angelic proclamation of Kmart at the beginning. We don't have Kmart in Canada anymore. Sniff.

3 comments:

  1. You are from my era. When we did not upgrade our toys after a year or less. And we still get a thrill from coming across one today. It brings back memories. AND took some skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ~ my favorite was Dataman by Texas Instruments. I am positive that is why I learned my multiplications tables so completely and still know them to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have Merlin and it still works!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.