Monday, November 1, 2010

Eat Shoots and Leave

I recently visited one of my favourite thrifting blogs and was made very angry by what I read. This is a wonderful blog that inspires many, myself included. So what did I read that got me all hot under the collar? Apparently some grammarians with WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS have taken to posting righteous messages on this amazing woman's blog, pointing out her spelling and grammatical errors. Is this what the world has come to?

We are thrift bloggers. We love thrifted treasures, to use the term coined by Thrifted Treasure. We find things we love, bring them home from the thrift store, take pictures, write about the experience and publish our posts for other people who like the same stuff. This isn't Wikileaks for crying out loud. We're not trying to shape the political landscape. We just like sharing our finds with our friends - full stop.

Anyway, here I am ranting again. I've been lucky to have had mainly pleasant comments and I appreciate them all - especially you, Linda. I enjoy so many blogs and never feel like I leave enough comments saying so.

I just hate the thought that someone who puts so much energy into something so great should be made to feel inferior by the grammar police.

There. I feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you said something. I was so hurt for her! The spelling police? Who honestly cares? I'm sure we all have spelling errors. I try but honestly I am a busy person and I love my blog and between the two I do the best I can. I also type fast but not accurately. So shoot me! Geesh....some people need to get a life! Whew...I feel better now also! :) Thanks for letting me rant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hoppe the speling polise dosnt vsit mi blogue!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.