Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Pleasure of Pastels

I love it when you realize that thrifted pieces from different places were meant to be together. Here are my funky atomic age egg cups from a thrift store in Owen Sound with my recently acquired pastel "made in Japan" divided plates and my pastel Tupperware bowls I bought at the church rummage sale yesterday. They look fab together.

My husband is still chugging along with our kitchen renovation. Basically, we gutted the entire kitchen and had to rebuild it structurally, which is why it's taking so long. The good news is that some of the cupboards are up. We're going for a modern look of birch on Poppy Glow paint. I couldn't resist displaying the pastel pieces on the corner unit. More photos of the kitchen to come as soon as possible.
Cheerio,
Erin

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of the pastels and I really like your new shelves. The kitchen sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pastels! Good luck with the reno - sounds like you'll have a new kitchen by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pics of the kitchen; it looks like it's going to be amazing! Love the wall color.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.