Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Song of the Week 1 "Call of the West"

Since music is a big part of my life, I'm starting a new little feature called Song of the Week. It's my feeble attempt at changing the cultural landscape of the universe - one awesome song at a time. To kick things off, I give you Wall of Voodoo performing "Call of the West." I've played this song many times and I still notice something new with each listen. There's so much to love: the tin can percussion, Marc Moreland's mind-blowing guitar playing, and Stan Ridgway's matter-of-fact vocal delivery. Enjoy this twangy road trip of a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.