Monday, July 13, 2009

Song of the Week 2 - "Faron Young"

When I was in my early teens, I tape recorded music from the radio station CFNY on a regular basis. They played a lot of cool British pop music at the time. The station eventually morphed into something called The Edge, which went on to become a bland rock station. Anyway, I had taped this one song that I loved, but I didn't know who performed it. Sniffing around YouTube 20 years or so later, I started to wonder if this mystery song was by Prefab Sprout. I was eating my lunch in front of the computer in my classroom last year. I clicked on "Faron Young," and lo and behold - it was the song! This was a real Howard-Carter-discovering-King-Tut's-tomb -moment. The mystery was solved and I got to hear a song (still terrific all these years later) once again. I think I might go and by the CD this week. I remember the album was originally called Steve McQueen, but they had to change it to Two Wheels Good. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the twangy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.