Sunday, August 16, 2009

Reunited and it Feels so Good

This afternoon I attempted to take Duncan to a parking lot carnival. When we got there, none of the rides were in operation. It was a creepy carnival of lost souls. We made the most of a bad situation by going to Value Village, which was on the same corner.
You may recall that I bought this little made in Japan apple cup at Goodwill by the Pound a month or so ago.
Look what I found at VV - matching fruit cups! I think they'd look pretty holding small cherry or apple blossoms.
Leaves in varying degrees of pigmentation.

I know I'm a little crazy, but I couldn't resist these crafted soup cans decorated in seventies Dating Game show flowers. They were three for .99 and I know they'll end up in my classroom.
The crafter took his/her job seriously.

I'm not sure if Edward Titley made the tins, or if they just belonged to him. This could turn into an Amelie-style sweet mystery if I write to him. Do I dare? "Dear Mr. Titley. I recently purchased three pencil cans bearing your name. Could you provide me with a comment for my thrifting blog?" What do you think?
I liked this sugar canister, but it had no mates. We also don't go through much sugar in our house.
I liked the JR Ewing artwork on Risky Business. It's such an eighties game...
Although the "Bank Foreclosure" aspect makes it a timely board game for 2009.
At first, I was amazed that this game was actually made in Canada. We never make anything here anymore. Then I realized that it was printed by Holmes Printing - the owner being a relative on my mom's side of the family. I've never met the guy. Weird coincidence.
Geez, I'm blogging so much these days. What am I going to do when I have to go back to work?I'll try not to think about it now.
Erin

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! Those cans are too cute! I cant believe you found the rest of the set to the fruit mug! That is crazy....btw...what does VV stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Queen,
    V V for Value Village. It's a thrift store we have in Canada. I don't think it's connected to any charity. By the way, my brother lives in northern Indiana. It's a small world after all.
    Erin H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you via Thrifted Treasure and happy for it.

    I say write to Edward, continue the adventure!

    Cheers,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.