Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Pogues Style

Merry Christmas to all my blogging buddies. You know who you are. Mom Wald, thanks for the crochet pointer. I'm not exactly sure what you meant, but I'll ponder it over the holidays. Why don't I have people like you as next door neighbours? Can't you just imagine it. Ding-dong. "Oh, it's Erin again. She's trying to make a blanket, but it looks like a cloak worn by Stevie Nicks after being slammed in a car door."

And thanks to those who randomly pop by for a gander at what I'm discovering. Oh yeah, thanks to my mother for being the only person in my family who reads this blog. Here's a little James Garner circa The Rockford Files for you, Mom. Go on. Have a moment.
Go to fullsize image

Here's a funny story. I was just washing the dishes listening to Q with Jian Ghomeshi on CBC Radio. He was interviewing the son of the man who invented the Yule Log. The son introduced his father by saying that he was born in the year that China abolished slavery. I was thinking: "Hmm, that seems totally out of context" and snickered to myself. When it was over, Jian and comedian Elvira Kurt completely lost it on air. I love it when TV and Radio personalities crack up. Remember my beloved German weather lady who couldn't stop laughing?


Merry Christmas to you all. Here's my traditional Christmas song which I'll play every year until I expire or stop blogging. It's Ireland's The Pogues, with the late Kirsty MacColl. Enjoy!
Lover Erin

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.