Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RIP Mark Dailey

I was saddened to hear about the passing of Mark Dailey - the "voice" of CityTV. I'm sure most people in Ontario at least are familiar with his amazing voice, if not his reporting over the years on this station. He died of cancer at the age of 57. I'll remember him for his funny voice-overs on Late Great Movies. He used to make remarks about the quality of the films and acting. Here are some clips of his work. P.S. I forgot that Muffy Tepperman from Square Pegs was in Lost Boys.



4 comments:

  1. r.i.p. mark dailey. definitely a voice that i grew up with and will miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was saddened by the news too. I didn't know his cancer came back, I thought he had it beat. His colleagues talked about his amazing, dry sense of humour and how he could defuse any tense situation with a wry comment! I value that so much in a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll miss his voice, for sure. RIP

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.