Sunday, September 27, 2009

Song of the Week #13 Howard Jones "What is Love?"

Go to fullsize image
I know, I know. More eighties nostalgia. I can't believe "What is Love" was released as a single in 1983. That's almost 30 years ago. I'm getting so old! Human's Lib was the second cool album I bought, after a record by The Police. I was 12. Every song on Human's Lib is a fantastic morsel of pop. We were living in this big old brick house in North Toronto at the time, a year before my family would move to the suburbs and my life would change dramatically. I shared a bedroom with my two sisters - it was a huge room that my mom had somehow managed to partition into thirds. I had a tiny black and white TV on top of my wardrobe for late night viewing. I used to rush home and watch Toronto Rocks, and later Much Music, when they used to play music videos. It was Toronto Rocks where I first saw the "What is Love?" video. It's still a great song and a cool video concept - especially the little nod to The Red Balloon. Anything filmed in Paris looks great.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this song :) I had no idea who sang it tho! lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're back. I missed you. Glad you like HoJo.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.