Monday, September 21, 2009

A "Winkle" in Time

I bought five of these beauties for $1.25. And to think I had to think about it.

Anonymous J left a comment on my weekend post regarding those stylish mugs I bought for a song at Vincent de Paul's Value Shoppe. She speculates that I may have found Kathie Winkle cups. I've done some not-very thorough Googling, but did find a link to some pictures of her work. http://www.pips-trip.co.uk/sold-pottery-archives/british-pottery-2/showitem-IRON-WINKLE1.aspx
See what you think. I believe the cups I bought just say "England" on the bottom. Perhaps they were made in the style of Kathie Winkle.
Thank you Anonymous J for letting me know about the exciting designs of Ms. Winkle.

3 comments:

  1. Oh...goodness...what tempting finds. Would love to come to Toronto and snoop around with you. You find such goodies!! Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book would be a great resource http://fiveandtwo.typepad.com/fiveandtwo/2007/11/kathie-winkle.html
    Once you start looking her designs and others similar seem to be everywhere.
    Cheers..J

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.