Sunday, August 1, 2010

Building A Mystery

When I'm not teaching, thrifting, being a mom and other random things, I love taking pictures of mysterious things. Mystery - even if it just exists in my mind - is one of my great pleasures in life. Strangely enough, I'm not a big reader of mysteries, but I do like looking at buildings and objects that give me a little chill and leave me wondering. My other blog - Five Ways to Disappear http://landscapeandmemorytoronto.blogspot.com - is sort of an undefined blog, but it's where I put those pictures, if you like that sort of thing. This evening, I took some pictures of an abandoned house near our home. A spooky Mercedes Benz is parked outside the back.

I may go back after dark and - shooooosh - try to get more pictures of the inside. So if you never hear from me again - please remember me fondly. Alright, I'm not on Ghost Hunters East York ha ha.

Erin

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, you must love the mysteries of harris burdick, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madge,
    It's funny you should mention Harris Burdick. In the reading course I just finished, our teacher brought in the poster book. I had borrowed the same poster set from another teacher at my school last year and finally handed them back. Everyone loves the images although they are pretty freaky. I love the one with the girl about to stab the pumpkin.
    Hope you and little George are feeling groovy.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - freaky! My favorite is the flying nun.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.