Friday, August 13, 2010

Vintage Shoe Shine Box


This afternoon, I had a little time to kill, so I popped into my local Value Village store. I bought this terrific shoe shine box. The roto shine shoe buffer was missing, but I was happy enough with the wooden box for $4.99. We're always looking for a place to put the boot polish and shoe brushes. Now we have a place. Strangely enough, my dad used to work for Ronson when I was a child. We had a Ronson blender for years and years.
I like the little foot rest on the top. They'd never make a wooden box to hold an appliance anymore.
In the box fit the other things I bought: a book on mountain goats... I know, I know. Curb your enthusiasm. "MOUNTAIN GOATS - YES!!!!"
And this...
Metal shoe savers. Sweet.

5 comments:

  1. You 'Shoe' had a good time today...couldn't resist!! Love the shoe box, my dad had one like that, I think my brother got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I'm the queen of bad puns, so bring 'em on girlfriend.
    You'll have to have words with your brother.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That box is so much fun! My mother is a sucker for a wooden box and is always checking them out no matter where we are.

    I wanted to let you know that I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here http://myminkbetty.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Betty. I never win awards. I was always the loser at school politely clapping while the Muffy Teppermans of the school cleaned up, so thank you very much for this. I will go to the link immediately. Woo-hoo! You like me, you really like me!
    Thanks for the comment too.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I juste gote one ...wont to know the years it was made thanks you .....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.