Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yet More Happiness...

My bird story just keeps getting better. Lydia, from Koby's Cache already has a budgie that she rescued several years ago. She's kindly offered to take my rescued feathered friend. Isn't that great? We're going to drive out to Brampton today to make a special delivery. Don't you love a feel-good story like this?

I was trying to think of a beautiful video with birds in it, to celebrate the occasion.
Here it is: Mae Moore's "Because of Love." You have to fast forward the first few seconds of director's information. Mae sends out the lyrics of the song using carrier pigeons. Love it.

Cheers, Lydia!
Erin

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see our new little friend! We have a cage all ready and waiting for the little guy. And we're so grateful, Erin, for you offering to bring him to us. Looking forward to meeting you!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this happy ending for all, especially the birdie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Labatt Blue is now home. Wonderful to meet you and your family as well.
    Wow, all possible because of your Blog. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia,
    Thank you so much. We had such a great time today. We're all totally ready to move into your gorgeous house!
    Good luck with Labatt Blue. Why do I feel like a beer, all of a sudden?
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOps, Erin! We forgot to give you back the glass Pyrex food dish! You'll have to email me your address to mail it back to you. Sorry.
    Labatt Blue is doing fine today - chirping and eating TONS. So cute.
    Thanks again, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia,
    Don't worry about the dish. It's so not vintage Pyrex. You can get them in a four pack at Loblaws for hardly anything.
    Glad the wee bird is settling in nicely.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.