Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yet Another Mystery Solved

As you may recall, I recently purchased this pretty piece of pottery at a Value Village store for $1.99. Lynn wrote a comment to pass along a link with information I've republished below. Thanks a bunch!
Erin

Laurentian - St. Jerome, Quebec.
Also known as LP and Laurentian Art Pottery and Poterie Laurentienne. These pieces are variously marked, sometimes with LP (looks like a stylized coffee mug in a circle), other times with the LP mark and Laurentian, sometimes Quebec, sometimes Canada, usually with a mold-mark item number.

A later mark is a "three trees" logo. Laurentian Pottery founded in 1939 by a Mr. Kominick. Unconfirmed, but I believe this pottery closed sometime c. 2005.



2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love a good mystery? I especially like it when they are solved!

    Love the glaze BTW.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.