Monday, August 9, 2010

New Links & Thin White Duke

In Ottawa, I did something I haven't done in ages: bought an expensive English music magazine. The lure of a large feature story on the making of Bowie's Station to Station album was too strong to resist. Bowie is a music and style leader to be sure. I love that he's always taken risks in both departments.
I used to be a music journalist, but since our son was born and I began a second career teaching, my finger-on-the-pulseness of music has diminished somewhat. This mag has a pile of record reviews and I feel like I've got a renewed interest to seek out new bands now.

* I've added a new link lists for people who aren't general thrifters so much as those "Living the Vintage Life." Look for these links on the right side bar. I'm sure that's actually the name of someone's blog, but it works. I love looking at people who have dedicated their life to dressing and decorating in a forties or fifties style. Some people have blogs that are thrifted bits and pieces and fashion. I'm leaving those in my regular thrift links for now.

Do check some of these links out when you have time. I spend more time reading blogs than working on mine. I think it's a healthy addiction. When is reading ever a bad thing?

Now I'm going thrifting. I hope to bring vintage magic to you by the end of the day.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.